This year, I've chosen 5 pieces I'd really love to add to my wardrobe. Some have been on the list for several years and some are new additions. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Burberry Reymoore trench. A beautiful trench from a storied label. I love that it features a removable hood and lining. I am perpetually cold so the liner is really a deal maker for me.
2. Danner Mountain Light Cascade hiking boots. Equally functional and attractive, I need a solid pair of hiking boots for more serious endeavors than Mount Hollywood. These boots are handcrafted in Portland, Oregon and will look equally at home on a mountain or with a skirt and socks.
3. Vintage Camel Coat a la Ali MacGraw in Love Story. This is by far the most challenging item on the list, mostly because it requires a perfect storm of size, price & style as well as lots of eBay trolling.
4. Herve Leger Bandage Dress. The perfect companion to perfectly toned 2017 self.
5. Tracksmith shorts and singlet. I was gifted the Tracksmith Downeaster for my birthday, and I absolutely love it. Super warm and a nice bright red, better yet, designed and made in the US. I'd like to take running a little more seriously this year, and a new pair of shorts with a singlet will be excellent motivation!
It's highly unlikely these will all make their way to my closet this year, especially the pricier investment pieces, I'll probably need to choose between the Burberry Reymoore and the Herve Leger dress. Nonetheless, it's a useful tool; having a top 5 gives me a yardstick to measure all my other purchases against. What are your top 5 for 2017?