Longest title ever, but true story.
Yesterday I got a call asking me to do a round 2 Skype interview this morning. Good news, it's Skype, they can only see me from the waist up. Bad news, it's a second interview so that eliminates an entire outfit.
My thought process was as follows:
1. My navy blazer is crumpled in a bag of dirty laundry under my desk, I really should've dropped that off a week-and-a-half ago when I first filled it.
2. If they can only see me from the waist up, does that make this easier or harder?
3. I guess I could always swing by JCrew and buy a blazer after class tonight
4. Seriously!?!? These one-button blazers at JCrew are the least flattering item I have ever tried on.
5. Beggars can't be chooser, might as well buy it.
6. (5AM this morning) I know I was desperate, but why did I buy this blazer? It's horrible, good thing I can return it.
7. Gray sweater vest, oxblood silk blouse & gray trousers...hmm.
8. TOO MUCH GRAY.
9. Farewell gray sweater vest, hello black & gray pinstripe vest.
10. Why did I not think of this outfit 24 hours ago?
11. Why did I drink so much tea? Why won't this zipper go down?
12. No, really, why won't it go down?!?!
13. Scissors, please.
14. Well, at least they can only see me from the waist up on Skype.
15. A phone call. After all this, a phone call?